SHE READS! ! !

Keep reading. You are worth it. Books are worth it.

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Review on In the after light (The darkest minds book 3)

Last but not least.
Running hard to the east.
Hand in hand, show the beast.
What we can do the least.

Fists high through the night.
No other way but to fight.
Stealing, what was once our right.
Catching, the last gleaming light.


Ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen
Years of pain for just a teen.
Who knew nothing but hurt.
Or to shake the feeling of guilt.

Never break glass if you fear.
What small shreds could tear.
As the small never stays.
Small forever anyways.

But the choice is always there.
For you to see, what's really fair.
Evil will always be a choice.
Not red nor blue nor even orange.


Thank you all for reading this poem. It was my review on In the after light (Book 3 of the Darkest Minds series)



And of course as usual, at the end of every series, this feeling hits me. 
I don't know if it is lost or sadness or despair 

Maybe it is the word "The End" 
But, yes. It was the end of the darkest mind book 3 and the end of Ruby's story. But if I learned a thing from every book I read, this book taught me a lifetime lesson.





  1. Evil isn't defined by opportunities or abilities or powers, evil is defined by the will and decisions of its carrier.                    
  2. Evil is a choice.                                                                                                
  3. Maybe we are not that bad, maybe we are just damaged.                                               
  4. There's no happy ever after but there are those few happy moments in life we could take away and forget.                             
  5. The motive is a double-edged weapon. Sometimes, it makes us destroy the world for the ones we love but other times, it makes us destroy the ones we love to control the world.

It was and always be a choice.



Thank you for reading this. I hope my review is quite interesting. I know this is not your typical review post but I am not a typical blogger either.

That was the end of the darkest minds series 
Thank you, Alexandra Bracken, for this journey.






9 comments:

  1. I do love your reviews, and it definitely gives you food for thought with the discussion of evil. I do love a story that can teach us something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support. the Darkest minds series was something else really. It taught me alot

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to read these books for a while. They've been sitting in my TBR list on Amazon for about a year now. I have been slacking off with books being turned into movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of this series before, thank you for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evil is a choice although those who chose it claim it was not ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good series with some good messages in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Maybe we are not that bad, maybe we are just damaged. "
    That's a powerful lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely review! I'm glad to hear you liked the overall series. :) I also think it's fun you did poems as part of the review.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting sounding series. Whilst I believe most people choose whether to be evil or not, also believe that some people are born evil. I've know little children who from toddlers you could tell from their reactions and actions how they would turn out. I've been right each time with these children.

    ReplyDelete