SHE READS! ! !

Keep reading. You are worth it. Books are worth it.

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Mini summaries part 3 (Glitches)

Hello. Welcome to Mini summaries part 3. If u don't get what am I talking about, pls Check the previous posts.
Sleep finally gets to me. One second I close my eyes and the next I open it after 8 hours of sleep. But How the hell I never felt those long hours of sleep. It definitely felt like minutes, even seconds. What really happened while I was asleep??
In your body, maybe not much, but in your brain. I am sure a lot has happened.
Let's start with the easy ones.
When you sleep you get into 4 stages of sleep.
The first stage is called. REM (rapid-eye-movement) stage. This stage is the most active stage ( the brain here is very active actually ) and also this when all dreams happen.
The second stage is called NREM (non-rapid-eye movement) stage. This stage has 3 substages which only differs (as far as we know offcourse) in the type of signals shown in this stage.
In NREM less brain activity and no dreams.
What really controls your dreams and sleep dysfunctions is REM.
Then if you don't know how the hell you spent from 6 -9 hours a day like a dead person. u better know that the reason is The REM stage, where your brain nearly functions as like you are awake except your motor neurons.
So your brain is quite active, your internal organs are active.
SO IN REM, YOU ARE VERY MUCH AWAKE EXCEPT YOU ARE NOT MOVING AND CLOSING YOUR EYES
AND OFFCOURSE UNCONSCIOUS.[x]
" I opened my eyes after a long sleep, starting to fully wake up and sit on the bed, but I couldn't. I couldn't move my hands or legs. I felt like I was chained in my own body. As if someone was standing on my chest. I tried to untie my self from this strange hold. But in vain. I looked at my bedroom door, and there was a man. He was so tall and dark. He was so creepy. He started to walk towards me. I screamed from the top of my lungs. But nothing came out "
This is called sleep paralysis. There are many theories behind this phenomenon. But the scientific one is a glitch. Yeah, you heard me right. A little glitch by the brain.
Your brain is perfect just the way it is. But sometimes when you wake up. It doesn't switch back the motor neurons( which controls your movement) right away, so you feel like you are trapped and the huge dark man you saw. He is just a hallucination caused by your brain due to your fear and uncontrolled emotions.
On the other side, there's sleep walking, which is one of the most common dysfunctions.
The same glitch in the brain but in reverse. The motor neurons are this case isn't switched off. No its on. As in awakeness. so you walk, talk, or move or jump in your sleep... Which is called sleepwalking.
And last but definitely not least the infamous hypnic jerk.
I am sure you felt it a time or two. Maybe more. But when you start sleeping and then feel like you are falling and then your leg is jerked. This is when your brain mistakes your sleep with dying. so, it tries to switch the motor neurons back on quickly and wakes you up.
Glitches or not, your brain is amazing. It is the greatest creation of all times. Just try to be healthy and know it better, cause your true power lies in it.
That's it, see you in part 4.
This is a free writing style based on my understanding of the amazing book by Dean Burnette..the idiot brain.
If there is anything wrong or something u don't quite understand you may comment it and I will reply instantly.
Wait for mini summaries part 4
If you may return to the original book by Dean Burnette for more references. Thanks

15 comments:

  1. I really like your writing. I see good things in your future! This is R.N. Davus by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!!, Thank you so much for your comment. It really made my day.😃

      Delete
  2. Sleep does not come naturally for me. I am 100% an insomniac. So just getting to sleep is a trial in itself, letting alone a full 8 hours. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked reading this. Great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post. I've forgotten what it's like to get a full 8 hours sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting concept for a post series, I've not seen this before. Ditto on Jo's comment, I try not to think about how little sleep I must get these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super unique! I’ve never seen this type of blog before. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I experienced sleep paralysis just once and it was something I will never forget... ever...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Insomnia is my pretty much my permanent companion. Interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always wondered how long my actual dreams were. Its also super creepy when I wake up and my dream felt real, if only for a few seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I function on 5 ish hours of sleep. BARELY function. But I also suffer from night terrors even as an adult and camel spiders make ready appearances if I've gone too many nights in a row with not enough hours of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I rarely have a problem with sleep - although in this heat it's not great at the mo. I do need a lot of it though, where my hubby can manage on 4-5 hours and get up and do a full day. I also tend to dream most nights. I had a very creepy, but nice one, the night my dad died. I was following him down a road and he turns towards this garage where there were men working on a car. He entered the garage and then turned around to me and told me that he was sorry but he couldn't come home anymore, he had to stay there. The other men in the garage were his brothers - all who had died some years before him. It felt so real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry for your loss and I really appreciate you sharing this with me. It takes alot of inner strength to do so.

      Delete
  12. I hate not being able to sleep - makes me so angry. Sleep paralysis terrifies me. Thanks for this post - intriguing as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wooooow
    It is so amazing
    I love these facts about what happen on sleeping in our brain
    I wait more summaries about our brain

    ReplyDelete