SHE READS! ! !

Keep reading. You are worth it. Books are worth it.

Saturday, March 16, 2019

The darkest book | Review on " Sharp objects by Gillian Flynn

Share your love with me, Mother
Hell will freeze, before your shutter
laugh can hurt more than a cutter.
Rough teeth smile, yours are used better
Pry open my heart, chew me without bitter


One rape is enough, to take all you want
Body never been touched,souls are the hunt
Jet black, her venom running up my front
Eager to violate, A knife weakly blunt
Caress young cheek, my sister'll grunt
The ideal daughter, Angel of death and shunt
Small sisters play, mine kills and hunt


Sharp objects cut, sick people violates

Review on one of the darkest books I have ever read| Sharp objects by Gillian Flynn


A picture of two ladies with a young girl



Hello everyone. How is it going? I hope you all doing great and ready for this review, cause this one is amazing! 
If you think that Gone girl is dark, you are wrong. This book is jet black. It's one of the creepiest, greatest, mouth- gaping ( if that's even an adjective😂) books I have ever read!


Com'on. Let's dig in cause I am gonna give you 


6 reasons why you MUST read Sharp Objects.






You begin to crave it, love it, do it and enjoy it. You violate the same way you were violated.




1) BEWARE OF THE MENTAL VIOLATION :


If you gonna learn a thing or two from that book, then that thing is to start seeing things differently. Life ain't black and white, there are too many shades of grey (Actually in this book there are too many shades of black). Life is filled with violence. It doesn’t have to be rape, or assault or even a murder. Violence can be done without a single touch.
It might break you from inside. Make you a less human creature. You begin to crave it, love it, do it and enjoy it.
You violate the same way you were violated.

Camille, her mother (Adora) and her little sister aren't just a normal family. They are fu*ked up, the first few pages in the book make you irritated, like who's the bad person. Who is the villain?  But through out pages, you start to see how an act of violence can affect others even unintentionally.


2) IT'S NOT JUST A CRIME NOVEL:


It's not. Not by a long shot. Even if the events are exciting and it is quite fast-paced actually. The focus here is on the mental aspect.

Gillian here wanted to show us a new species. A humanoid one where good and bad are extremely mixed. She wanted to blow up the bubble wrapped around us. Where good is pink and bad is black. We are humans we are chess board filled with white and black squares. Sometimes they are equal. Sometimes they are not.


3) TEEN PROBLEMS :


But dignity isn't quite available anymore. Those who have none, set fire to the rain, let boiling water kills those around them and then they feed on our screams of agony.


Self-cut. I am sure most of you have already heard about it, recently it's been so viral,  but it's one thing to be a media buzz and it's another thing to face that demon. Camille was a cutter, her body was her masterpiece. When I read that book, I felt her suffer, need for intimacy and lose of human contact. She needed to feel alive and the cuts made her feel so.

Once I was standing on a cold corner in Chicago waiting for the light to change when a blind man came clicking up. What are the cross streets here, he asked, and when I didn’t reply he turned toward me and said, Is anybody there?I’m here, I said, and it felt shockingly comforting those words. When I’m panicked, I say them aloud to myself. I’m here. I don’t usually feel that I am.
P 152. Paragraph 1



At first, you don't know what the hell with Camille, what's her problem. Is it emotional deprivation or depression or self-harm or all of the above. But what you should know that this book would give you a dose of power like no other. 

This book is gonna destroy you, so you can build yourself better, more powerful. It's gonna give you a second skin. Harsher. Thicker.






4) PARENTAL GUIDE :


I always feel bad for the girl that I was, she never told me she loved me and I never assumed she did 
P. 154. Paragraph 2

If you a parent, a future mother or even a distant aunt. That book gonna give you a strong lesson. 

MERCY AND RESPONSIBILITY. 

I believe that mercy is the weakest form of love, the least you can do. If you can't be responsible and merciful then you can't be human, not a mother at the least.



Camille needed motherly caring, kindness and love, yet her mother is a b**** who never took responsibility for granted.





5) EMPOWER YOUR SELF AGAINST SICK PEOPLE :


They didn't take anything from you. They took you and replaced you with a high-class monster



When I had been sad, I hurt myself... Amma hurt others 
P.241 last line.

Even trash has levels, some sick people have small portion of dignity, they only hurt themselves, pry open their souls and catch them on fire. 
But dignity isn't quite available anymore. Those who have none, set fire to the rain, let boiling water kill those around them and then they feed on our screams of agony.

You know what's really bad about violence, that you have been violated to the level that you don't really know if your own free will was taken from you or you wanted that violence.
You become familiar with it until it becomes in your bones, mixed up with your blood.
They didn't take anything from you. They took you and replaced you with a high-class monster

Sharp objects focus on that kind of violence, it shows you how it starts, why it propagates and what happens in the end. The book might look disturbing but in a beneficial way.

It isn't just a dark novel or a dangerous one. It's a mystery book. 
It gives you a glimpse of a new aspect of life. An aspect isn't yet good or bad. It's like a colour you see for the first time, a new shade of 3 of the darkest shades.


6) LEARN TO CONTROL. NOT BE CONTROLLED.



" Sometimes when you let people do things to you, you are really doing it to them "

This is a straight quote from the book, it might freak the life out of you, but it's true. 
When you let someone controls you, you control him too by being controlled. By giving them the satisfaction of being in control, yet they are the ones controlled by their nasty need for power.
When people see you less, let them. That's only gonna weaken them, lose their guard around you and become lesser. The least.








So, you feel interested in the book, gonna read it? Yes. No. It's ok, cause it was never about a book, paper or words. It's all about being adventurous, fearless and proud. Its all about the experiences we get from books. 

Books are Journeys. As well as my reviews. I don't review the characters, the flow, the writing style or the script. 
I review me after reading the book.
Keep reading, you are worth it, books are worth it.



This is my Review of the Month for the review collection on LovelyAudiobooks.info











10 comments:

  1. Great review. I've had the book for a long time but never read it. I do like dark books though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I love a good dark book, this sounds really good, I will need to check it out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks intense, and it scares me a bit - but I'm wimpy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your point about how this is so much more than a crime novel. That's how I felt about Gone Girl - it's one of the best analyses of new marriage I ever read. Flynn is deep! Thanks for this great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved Sharp Objects! Such a great dark novel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Gillian Flynn and this book has been on my shelf for a while now. I am gonna have to pick it up ASAP.

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting via the Book Review Link-up and following :)

    I read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and have been wanting to pick up another one of her books. This will be going on my "To Read" list for sure! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Personally, I didn't think Gone Girl was as dark as all the reviews said. However, the writing was amazing and I'd love to read something darker from Gillian Flynn. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you guys like dark books, you should really check out Mental Violation... That was a an awesomely wild story I read about a month ago, I've been looking for something similar but I doubt many stories compare, maybe I'll check some of these ones out you all commented about and see if they are close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah, you are right... I don't think I'll find another book like Mental Violation, that was intense. Nice recommendation, let us know if you find any others!

      Delete