SHE READS! ! !

Keep reading. You are worth it. Books are worth it.

Thursday, September 6, 2018

It's kind of a funny story


When I bought this book it wasn't intentional, just saw it's movie trailer and found it online at an acceptable price so, why not? It's about depression and suicide and I loved those categories. I love when books talk and dig into emotional issues. I got the book and Guess what? ??



I discovered that the author of the book Ned Vizzini committed suicide back in 2013
He had severe depression.
It's like he screamed his agony through the book. I haven't read it yet. But I think it's not just a book. It's the thoughts, feelings and pain of a man tried so hard to win his war but failed.
Maybe this book will make a difference. Maybe people will stop committing suicide. Maybe not. But by reading this book you are helping Ned and all those who quit and Giving hope for those who still fight against depression.

WE GONNA KILL THIS MONSTER
You fought hard. You deserve life but life didn't deserve you. RIP, Ned Vizzini



16 comments:

  1. I saw the movie, didn’t realize it was a book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. And by reading it we help them fight their monster. DEPRESSION

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to read this for a while. When I saw your post I ended up finally adding to my Amazon cart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great. We have to spread it and encourage every one to read it.

      Delete
  3. I hadn't heard of this before. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. That's what we do. We bring light into the world via books and words.

      Delete
  4. Sounds sad - I just read a book where the main character called her cancerous tumor "The Monster"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sounds a little bit weird. What is the name of the book?

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of this one before and I don't often read sad things, but I feel like this is one where I should probably suck it up and read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The story itself isn't sad. The sad thing is the loss of people every day to this monster

      Delete
  6. looks like a different read adding to tbr

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not heard of the book before. Looks very it might be a difficult yet inspiring read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of this book before. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete