SHE READS! ! !

Keep reading. You are worth it. Books are worth it.

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Can you change your fate? | Review on "Before I Fall" by Lauren Oliver.



Before I fall novel passed on a table on its cover a girl with blue icecape


Brought me to death, I don't deserve to die.
Even if my worth, wasn't that good or high.
Forever, I thought I will never say Goodbye.
Opal in heart, diamonds all over my thigh.
Reality broke me up, I won't reach the sky.
Edge of life I suspended, unable to fly.


I am dead again, 1,2 3...7 times.

Feathered wings can't fly without a guide.
Answers are, In all the things I lied
Let me wipe all the darkness I hide
Let me, it's never too late, I already died.


Hello everyone, Here we go with a new book review and a new poem. As you know my reviews are divided into two halves. The first is a poem and the second half is my personal thoughts about the book in points.

So, Let's rock it!!


  •  Do you deserve to die?

That depends on whether death is a curse or an act of mercy. Even if you crave death, you don't deserve it. Nobody deserves it, it's not a punishment or a prize. It's a Solid thing. A dull shadow. The lamest grey ever in a pallet. The kind of colour you never used but they still make it anyway.

Girl waking up has a yellow piece of paper in her hand
Copyrights reserved to Before I Fall movie.


  • You know nothing!
As much as you know about someone, you will never come to the end of it. Still, there will be something unknown. It's funny how big of a fool Samantha made of herself. She made up a lie and believed it. Her best friend, the girl she nearly spent her whole life with, becomes a stranger and vice versa.

 " How is that possible, to change so much and not be able to change anything at all. "


Man, This life is weird "

  • Do you believe in fate?
That one step led to the other. In this book, you gonna see him, and he is a bastard. A lucky bastard that always wins. Whatever you do, wherever you escape. He is gonna get you.
Samantha ( The main character) tried to escape. She tried to break the cycle of time. She wanted the upper hand.
Can she do it?
I guess you should read the book to figure it out.

  • Your parents are supposed to keep you safe. 
They were supposed to be, when everyone left, they should have been the ones who stayed. Samantha's parents weren't bad or mean or ignorant. They just love their daughter too much. Too much to believe that blast of lies she always carries.



  • You can't go home again. 
Cause places don't change, people do. Home isn't a place. It isn't a physical thing. You can't touch home, you can only feel it in your bones. Samantha felt it in her friends. So, when everything happened. Things started to change. 
" She couldn't go home again "


Four girls laughing and holding paper cups
Copyrights reserved to Before I Fall movie


  • Dying is the loneliest thing you can do. 
Nobody is gonna die with you. You gonna experience it all alone. Samantha learnt that the hard way. She spent all her life avoiding people except her friends. 
Guess her friends couldn't help her after all.


  • Normalcy is priceless. 
Only to those who need it the most. Those who can't afford it. The poor, The weak, The deceased. But Sam wasn't any, on the contrary, She was perfect as a porcelain doll.
Before it fells on the ground, now Sam is in pieces and Normalcy is way priceless than she would ever think.



So many things become beautiful when you really look."




Some see the world a big happy place, some don't and that's why everyone hates each other.
So, my dear readers that were my thoughts during and after reading " Before I fall " by Lauren Oliver, you can find the author here.

It made me think.
It made me cry.
It made me happy.

Two girls hugging, one is closing her eyes and the other is smiling
Copyrights reserved to Before I Fall movie

If you would relive one day over and over, which one would you choose?

6 comments: